Russian air strikes killed at least 31 civilians and wounded dozens more on Saturday in a jihadist-held town in eastern Syria, a monitor said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the raids hit the town of Al-Quriyah, controlled by the Islamic State group in Syria’s oil-rich Deir Ezzor province.
- Airstrikes in Syria’s Idlib claims 21 lives, including 5 children
- New suspected US-led Syria raids kill dozens of civilians
- US-led strikes destroy 116 Islamic State fuel trucks in east Syria
- First French airstrike on Islamic State in Syria kills 30 jihadists
- US-led strikes hit IS group oil areas for 2nd day, destroy four tanks
- Jihadists among 31 dead in Syria air raids: NGO
Watch Video: What’s making news
Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman said there were 16 other people killed but it was not immediately clear whether they were civilians or IS fighters.