The much-talked about Baywatch movie will pay a “sweet homage” to actress Pamela Anderson’s iconic character CJ Parker.
Anderson, 48, played the bubbly lifeguard in the original TV series from 1992 to 1997 and was thrilled to get a call from producers asking her to take part in the new movie, which stars Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron and Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, reported Female First.
WATCH VIDEO: I Don’t Want To Be A Spoof In Hollywood: Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra wraps up Baywatch shoot
- Sleepless nights for Priyanka Chopra during ‘Baywatch’ shoot
- Pamela Anderson to appear in the ‘Baywatch’ starring Priyanka, Dwayne
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson shares first look of Baywatch, Priyanka Chopra goes missing
- Pamela Anderson turns down ‘Baywatch’ movie
- ‘Baywatch’ role was initially written for a man: Priyanka Chopra
“They called me to be in the film, and it was kind of a homage and a sweet thing for them to do. [But] I shouldn’t give too much away! Dwayne is the sweetest guy, he’s so sweet in person. I guess I had met him plenty of times, but I didn’t remember,” she said.
The film will release in May 2017.