PARADE APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce will host the 2018 “Magical Night Christmas Parade,” sponsored by Florida Hospital Dade City/Zephyrhills on Dec. 7 on Eighth Street, Dade City. Applications for seasonal floats, bands or walking units are available at dadecitychristmasparade.com. All organizations applying for entry will be required to follow the established safety guidelines and holiday decorations requirements.For information, call (352) 567-3769.
FLAPJACK EVENT SEEKS PARTICIPANTS, VENDORS AND SPONSORS: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce is seeking participants, vendors and sponsors for the Flapjack 5K and 1 mile Fun Run from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 8 at the Connerton clubhouse, 21100 Fountain Garden Way, Land O’ Lakes. The cost to participate is $25 for adults, $17 for students and $15 for the fun run (all ages). If registered by Nov. 17, participants receive a T-shirt. Individual vendor booths (bring your own tent/table) are $30 for members, $50 for nonmembers. Rummage sale spaces are $20. Those who join the chamber by Nov. 30 receive a free booth space. Vendor applications and fees are due by Nov. 30. Sponsorship opportunities include: presenting sponsor, $2,000; corporate, $1,000; gold, $500; silver, $250; bronze, $125, and goodie bag item sponsor, $50. For information, call (813) 909-2722 or visit centralpascochamber.com.
SMART SUCCESS BUSINESS SERIES: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will host its Smart Success Business Series from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Oct. 9 at Overnight Success Studios, 17743 Hunting Bow Circle, Lutz. The guest speaker will be Brian Ellis, Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council and will discuss disaster preparedness. The cost is $10. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
CHAMBER LUNCH: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will celebrate Hispanic heritage, community and business at a luncheon from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Oct. 9 at Pasco-Hernando State College’s Porter Campus, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. The cost is $25. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
‘DOING BUSINESS WITH PASCO COUNTY’ VENDOR WORKSHOP: The Pasco County purchasing department invites local vendors interested in doing business with Pasco County Commissioners to attend a vendor workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 10 at the West Pasco Government Center, 8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey. The workshop is designed to generate more local vendor participation and help streamline the process for contractors and vendors who would like to bid on projects, goods and services. For information, call (727) 815-7177.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Membership Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 10 at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The speaker will be Leigh Massengil, Medical Center of Trinity CEO. The cost is $20. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
FALL GOLF CLASSIC: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host its Fall Golf Classic Oct. 12 at Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. Registration begins at 8 a.m. with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Awards will be presented at approximately 1 p.m. The event will include food, drinks, and contests (hole-in-one and putting). Tickets are $85 per golfer, $290 for a team of four, and include greens fees, golf cart and range balls. Sponsorships start at $100. For sponsorship information or to RSVP, call (813) 909-2722 or visit centralpascochamber.com.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, Oct. 23 through Dec. 18. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City. The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. Oct. 17. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
ZEPHYRHILLS ECONOMIC SUMMIT: The second annual Zephyrhills Economic Summit will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Zephyrhills City Hall, 5335 Eighth St., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by the Zephyrhills Economic Development Coalition. Featured presentations include: Ready for Growth, city of Zephyrhills; Education Opportunities, state and county representatives; ZHS Career Academies, local; and Bridging the Gap in our Community, Zephyrhills Economic Development Coalition. Tours of the new city hall will be available. Registration is $10, and includes lunch and continental breakfast. To RSVP, call Melonie at (813) 782-1913.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 10, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Tax Implications for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 11, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap – Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]